Monday, March 5, 2012

LET'S FEATURE - Smith Martial Arts

WOW! Where to begin! Jimmy Smith of Smith Martial Arts is a HUGE supporter of our auction and thank you just isn't enough!!! When we contacted Jimmy, he not only wanted to help out with the auction, he knew we were trying to kick off our Facebook promotion - he volunteered to assist us with that as well! so Jimmy - THANK YOU! What you have done for us is awesome - and what you do for the community is even better! You empower people to do more - to BE more!

When I contacted Jimmy, I asked him some questions about Smith Martial Arts, and below is the feedback both from Jimmy and even better - direct feedback from his students! I can tell you, I am empowered to go and check out his studio myself!

Smith Martial Arts has only been in business here in Bend for three years but they are growing very rapidly! I asked Jimmy what makes his studio unique in the community? "Martial arts is growing even more then ever especially MMA (Mixed Martial Arts). We train a wide range of people from kids ages 6 to 12 and then teens to adults including people with special needs. It is a fun atmosphere to train and with a very diverse styles martial arts that we work on every week at the same time you get in amazing shape with our 10 minute warm up which consistence body weight exercises, calisthenics, isometrics, and plyo-metrics. Smith Martial arts was founded on the premise that all self defense arts are good you just have to adjust them to your unique style and that spontaneity in training is essential, so that your body and mind train themselves to react automatically. We also focus on the psychological factor of fear and overcoming fear with self confidence, focus and coordination."

I wanted to know what students love about Smith Martial Arts and what keeps them coming back? "Here is some testimonial that I received from people that train at Smith Martial arts: Meets at our level from beginning to advance , Outstanding workout that is geared towards real fighting but I feel very safe while I train Smith Martial arts, Practical application we have a good time and get in great shape,  Fitness quality of training instructor has awesome outlook on life with a positive encouraging attitude, Great training partners that help us and coach Smith is dedicated to his fighters, I have more confidence when I go out with my family and I am staying in shape I wish I would have done this 30 years ago I am 64 years old and I trust what Jimmy is teaching, He pushes the limits of our workouts in positive way and we never know what he has up his sleeve, We where amazed at simplicity of his self defense course that I hired him to come and teach  my staff, and they where so excited to share what they have learned to there families, He has taught me to be more aware of my surroundings  using the environment to get away from an attacker."

Jimmy was so inspired to help at Ponderosa and I wanted to know why?  "I want to grow my business and since I don't have the funds at the moment to donate I can give my experience and knowledge show people what martial arts has done for me.  I feel that this is something that everybody should have no matter what age. The kids are our future and it is help them gain there knowledge and there own personal experience."

Jimmy looks forward to the opportunity for students to come to class weather to train or watch and ask any questions and to see if it is a good fit for them. He offers a new student special of $65 for the first month. It comes with a private lesson by coach Smith, Unlimited classes and a free Smith martial arts T-Shirt. go and check out Smith Martial Arts! You will not be disappointed!!!

Thanks again Jimmy!!! Ponderosa Elementary REALLY appreciates you!

No comments: